Monday, September 7, 2009

The Word is Love

They've been playing the Beatles Anthology on VH1 Classic the past few weeks, I guess in preparation for the Beatles Rock Band that's coming out soon. I don't care about the video game at all, but I was really excited to watch the Anthology - I don't think I've seen it since I was 12 or 13 (maybe since it was on the first time?) but it totally started an obsession for me. I was Beatles Crazy from 6th to 8th grade or so.

Watching the Anthology again has been fun - it's funny to see how, even though I haven't been Beatles obsessed in oh... 12 years or so, I still feel that same interest and excitement I felt when I watched it in 1995.

Anyway, with all this anticipation of fall and cool weather, I thought this album cover was appropriate to put up here. Doesn't it make you want to hang around in a lovely park with leaves falling and four adorable British lads?And, OK I'm going to throw in this later pic too, just because I always loved Paul and, though George, John, and Ringo look a little ridiculous in their fur and brightly colored clothes, I think Paul looks so stylish and cozy in his suit here.All right, enough revisiting the obsessions of my twelve year old self...Hope everyone had a lovely long weekend!

- Jenna

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever watched A Hard Day's Night? Its a pretty funny movie. I heart the Beatles! George is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, A Hard Day's Night is great! - Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna- remember the time we saw the "fab four" on the streets of London? A sight for sore eyes! I also think Paul looks cute in that suit. George is great, too...I've been listening to the early cover "Honey Don't," which George sings. Even though he's singing, he addresses himself in the song: "Rock on George, one time for me." Very clever.

    ReplyDelete