Friday, September 11, 2009

Getting Over It

A few weeks ago I put up a post about how I wanted a pair of Oxfords, but how I wasn't able to bring myself to by used shoes. Well, a little bit after that, I started looking at shoes on ebay, and I managed to get over my fears and bid on a few pairs. I did win one, and I tried them on yesterday with my outfit I wore to do some errands. I have to admit, though, I didn't actually end up wearing them out. They were described as being in "vintage used" condition, which means they're definitely worn in and I'm worried about them falling apart on the tough streets of New York!

I might see if I can get them resoled or something, but I just love the look of them AND they were under 20 bucks (maybe for good reason)! Anyway, I'm sure I will wear them out sometime soon. They're just so cute!My outfit - the tank top is H&M, the belt and sweater are thrifted (I kind of love short sleeved cardigans. They're surprisingly useful!), the jeans are Levi's. Oh, and the orange socks are also from H&M!
- Jenna

6 comments:

  1. They are definitely cute shoes. I also had a fear of wearing used shoes, but I found $1 shoes from the thrift stores hard to resist :)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I don't think I could resist $1 shoes either!
    - Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. i broke out my old macy's card and bought two pairs of oxfords, one in brown and one in black. they are the perfect way to class up any outfit, and the two-inch heels on mine still allow me to run around the city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww they really are super duper cute! :) i love them! resoled wouldnt be a bad idea. some of my vintage shoes unfrotunately fell to pieces just from wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    Toosdai: I'd love to see pics of your new shoes!

    Meaghan: Yeah, I might get them resoled... or just see how they hold up if I try to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shoes! I got a pair on Etsy a few months back and really treasure them. Don't you just feel so old school cool in them? And yours are so fun with the orange socks.

    http://sartoriography.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete