Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fun with Converse

I decided recently to order some new sneakers, as my old Converse and PF Flyers seemed too chunky to wear with skinny jeans, their colors were faded, and I felt I just needed a change. After searching the Internet for a new brand and coming up dry, I revisited the (now Nike-owned) Converse online store to see what I could find. Maybe I'm behind on this trend, but I had no idea I could design my own shoes for the same price as purchasing a regular pair! You can choose everything: the color of the shoe, back stripe, tongue, lining, stitching, laces, toe cap, and even the stripe that goes around the shoe. I decided on an "all star light," which is just like the regular model except lower, lighter, and just plain better in my opinion. I chose a slate blue color with bright green stitching and lining, etc. Pretty conservative, but I'm happy.
This sounds like I'm shilling Converse, but I really love them! Here they are:


-Maura

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are so cool! And I love that they're lower than regular Converse - I agree, they can feel a bit bulky with skinny jeans. - Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look adorable, and perfect to wear with skinnies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh very cute!! If I was a sneaker kind of girl, those would be the ones I would want. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love these, and I didn't know you could make your own either. My friend has a pair of black on black of those light converse, they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! <3

    Visit my blog www.abitoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally cute! i used to play around designing shoes on that site but they used to be more expensive! so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great new shoes, I am also in need of some new sneakers you may just have influenced me to get some converse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good sweetie! do you wanna follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete