Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Wear

This weekend was a hot one (for a change), but I have been so into fashion recently I was still somehow motivated to try to put together some cute outfits, and resist the lure of a tank top and shorts. On Friday night, I went with my boyfriend and a friend to see The Hurt Locker, Kathryn Bigelow's Iraq war film. It was interesting yet uneven, and the shaky-cam made my friend so sick he had to close his eyes for a lot of it! But here's what I wore to the film and The Cage, our favorite local dive:

Shirt: Avalon Exchange (Hollister), Skirt: Avalon Exchange (Banana Republic), Belt: UPMC Women's Thrift, Shoes: UPMC Women's Thrift
I'm proud to say this outfit was completely second hand! Avalon Exchange is a Buffalo Exchange--type Pittsburgh chain. I actually picked up a few cool items there this weekend that I'll post soon.

Here's my outfit from Saturday night, when I went to see a friend's band play at that holy grail of Pittsburgh dive bars, Gooski's in Polish Hill. I tried to find something light, as it was HOT in there:

This is the same old $1 belt from the UPMC Women's Clothesline, and the dress is a few years old from Urban Outfitters. These crazy shoes were purchased at the now-defunct Pittsburgh vintage shop Crimes of Fashion. They are dance shoes that appear to have once had taps on the sole. These are so pointy, I can't imagine anyone being able to dance in them. They're silly, but I love them!
-Maura

2 comments:

  1. oohhh those shoes aren't silly at all....they are amazing! I have been looking for an unique pair of lace up oxfords like that forever! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm totally oxfords-obsessed!

    ReplyDelete