Monday, August 3, 2009

Red in the Face

This post should actually be called "Red in the Everything" because, though I had an awesome time at the beach this weekend, I came back totally sunburned! Matt actually is much worse than I am, he's basically a lobster. Sigh. This is what happens when city folks go out to the countryside... we're not made for the sun!

Here's what I'm wearing today. This dress is from H&M last year or so, and was good for today because it floats away from my body and therefore hardly touches my sunburn. Ahhh...


















Anyway, despite the sunburn, this weekend was really fun. The house we stayed in was right on the beach and we got to sit on the beach and swim in the ocean and ride the waves... It was so fun to get out of the city and pretend to be someone who has a summer beach house for a weekend!

Matt and I got to stay in the master bedroom, which had a little balcony that looked right onto the ocean. Here's the balcony:And the view from the balcony:Here are a few of the other houses across the street. The town was full of beautiful (and huge!) beach houses:It's good to be back home now. I'm planning on going to the Starbucks in my neighborhood today to get working on my syllabi for the fall and also some fiction... I'll probably carry my computer in this messenger bag that I bought from Modcloth. I used it for school all of last year and it was such a great size and I love the owls!



















It's scary to think summer is almost over! Oh well, I won't think that way for now. I'll just try to enjoy myself, sunburn and all.

- Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment