Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Parents' Weekend Shopping Spree

My parents were visiting this past weekend, and that usually means my mom and I will spend one day at some sort of mall, shopping 'til we drop (and my dad will sit on many different benches). Because we don't see each other too often, we usually save up our collective shopping energy (and money) so we can buy outfits together. So Saturday we hit the Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, ogled expensive clothes in Nordstrom, and I managed to find a lot of great new work and casual clothes. Just because I'm not going back to school doesn't mean I can't go back to school shopping! Just for kicks, I tried on my new clothes and styled a bunch of new outfits:
New item #1: gray Joan Holloway-inspired dress from H & M, with seafoam green lapel flower from NY & Co. Paired with Modcloth mary janes and my mom's earrings.
New item #2: Gray high-waisted skirt with belt from H & M. Paired with Banana Republic Blouse and H & M pumps.
New item # 3: Flowly black miniskirt from H & M. Paired with H & M tank, Delia's belt and oxfords from Etsy.
New item # 4 (and my favorite): Boyfriend blazer from the Gap. Paired with H & M tank, Express Jeans and Indigo by Clarks flats.


New items #5 & #6: Ribbon-collar top from J. Crew, skinny black pants from Banana Republic. I have been looking for pants like these for years, and they are perfect! Paired with vintage pumps.
New items #7 & #8: Checked blouse and electric blue sweatervest from NY & Co. I never really liked this store, but this is a cute combo! Paired with Delia's jeans and Payless Saddle Shoes.
So there you have it. One busy Saturday, and an exciting new back to school wardrobe!
-Maura




11 comments:

  1. Outfit #2 is adorable! Are the saddle shoes from Payless current inventory? Love them. And what's going on with that wall in the background? I'm intrigued - it looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They sell saddle shoes only on Payless.com, not in stores. They're awesome! And yes, that wall in the background is our "postcard wall." I posted about it a while back: http://yehyehgirls.blogspot.com/2009/07/postcard-wall.html
    Thanks for reading our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is too cute! I love outfit number 3.
    That sounds exactly like when I go to the mall with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback--it's always good to get a second opinion on new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?! Payless has saddle shoes?! Must go tomorrow!

    I saw you on the modcloth blog today! Adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh...ok. Just read your comment about the shoes on payless.com. Even better! I am ordering them now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww i think you are gonna be the best dressed miss in your office!
    i really like the first one with the seafoam green flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meaghan has it right, you look lovely in all of these outfits! I think the pencil skirt is my fav, I love that classic look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree - the dress with the flower is such a great look! Though of course I think they're all very cute. - Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. that blazer = perfect! I'm so jealous that you get to go shopping with your mom, mine is the total opposite of me and HATES shopping with a passion!

    ReplyDelete