Friday, August 14, 2009

Ogling Oxfords

I have two shoe-related confessions to make. The first is that, though I love the look of heels and own a few pairs, at the end of the day I'm really a flats kind of gal. And the second is that I just can't bring myself to buy vintage/second hand shoes! I think this has to do with the fact that my mom always told me never to wear other people's shoes... so, though I love the looks I see on many blogs (and on Maura!) I feel compelled to buy new shoes and mostly flats.

So, I've been really excited about oxfords coming into style. I spent a lot of last year searching for an alternative to ballet flats to wear to work/teaching that were still somewhat professional and oxfords seem like just what I was looking for!

Here are a bunch of oxfords I found on the web - some in my price range and some just wishful thinking. I'll have to narrow it down, or just take my chances with DSW or some such place to find a pair for myself!

- JennaFrom Steve Madden: the Tuxxedo Oxford $79.95
From BCfootwear: Thunder in Nutmeg $55From modcloth: Architect's Spectators in Stone $84.99 (Are these actually oxfords? I'm not sure, but they're really cute!)From amazon.com: Penny Loves Kenny Cloud Oxford $23.98 (What a deal!)From zappos.com: Taryn Rose Burda Oxford $253
From urban outfitters: Jeffrey Campbell Cutout Oxford $128
From urban outfitters: DRU NY Oxford $148

No comments:

Post a Comment