Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Favorite Dress

Last night, I went to a party at my friend's house, and I decided to try and once again squeeze into my favorite dress. I purchased it at Topshop in 2004 while studying abroad in Dublin, Ireland. I have always loved shirtdresses, and this struck me as perhaps the best I've ever laid eyes on. After a year or two of feeling like it didn't fit, I tried it on and was surprised to find that it worked just great!

This dress always reminds me of my boyfriend Robert, pictured, because I was wearing it a lot during the time I met him and when we started dating. This dress holds many fond memories: two unforgettable nights dancing out on the town in Dublin, senior year festivities in college, a kick-ass Stephen Malkmus show, and a trip to the UFO museum in Roswell, New Mexico. What a dress!























I paired it with an old belt from American Eagle and these mary janes from modcloth:
-Maura

7 comments:

  1. I love your dress, such a fun pattern! You have such great style & I cannot wait to see more, would you like to trade links?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jayne! I like your style too! I've added your blog to our list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect on you!! Love the shoes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog! that is neat you grew up in galesburg! what does your dad teach? i'm an english/ed double major.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: Lexie: He teaches Psychology. His name is Frank McAndrew. My mom works there, too, in the library archives. It's a family affair! I hope you like Knox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Belt style dresses are favorite!! Love this one!! Shoes are really perfect for this dress!

    ReplyDelete