Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School Dress Up

Maura's many delightful new outfits in her Parent's Weekend post made me want to play dress up too! So I put on a few outfits today that I would possibly wear for my first day back to teaching on Monday. Of course, the truth of the matter is that 1. I was doing this in order to procrastinate on the work I should have been doing on my syllabi, course planning, etc. and 2. it's going to be hot hot on Monday, so most of these outfits (well, at least the ones involving tights and a corduroy skirt) are probably not in the running.

But hey, who doesn't love a little procrastination and a little dress up!

Dress: Modcloth, Boots: Steve Madden, Cardigan: thrifted, Belt: thrifted
Dress: Modcloth, Boots: Steve Madden, Shirt: vintageShirt: thrifted, Skirt and Belt: H&M, T Straps: AerosolesBlouse: Gap, Skirt: Old Navy, Belt: vintage, T Straps: Aerosoles

The last outfit is probably the one I'll wear, but it was fun to try on the other ones, too. I liked mixing up one piece in a few different ways and also dreaming about fall, when I can wear my clothes without sweating!

- Jenna

6 comments:

  1. The last one is my favorite! It looks vintage rather than Gap. -maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these looks...I think the first one is especially darling! What do you teach? Hope your first day back goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white blouse and green skirt combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! And Leproust - I teach undergraduate creative writing and English. Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that second outfit! perfect for back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last outfit is cute and perfect for your first day back to school. Good for hot weather but still professional as well.

    ReplyDelete