Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tomboy Style

Sometimes, I get tired of pencil skirts, uncomfortable belts and form-fitting dresses. Sometimes, I just want to dress like a boy, or at least a pre-pubescent boy from the '50s who's not opposed to wearing short-shorts. This look is what I wore to our local bar for a weeknight of drinks celebrating my friend's visit.
This is one of my favorite t-shirts, a 1950s vintage piece I purchased at my favorite vinatge store, Up Six Vintage in St. Paul, MN. Forgive me for having a crappy camera, but I love the high collar and stripes on the shoulders. The shoes, also purchased at Up Six (for $7, might I add), are Superga sneakers that I've been told resemble "Mickey Mouse shoes." I'll take that as a compliment. It may not be a glamorous outfit, but I still like the throwback vibe it has.






-Maura

2 comments:

  1. OMG we posted at like the same time! I love this outfit. - Jenna

    ReplyDelete