Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Reading/What I'm Reading

Maura and I were emailing today about a question of blog etiquette - is it lame for us to comment on each other's postings? Is it like patting ourselves on the back for our own blogging? Would it make us blog losers or "blosers"(a term I have to give Maura credit for coining)? Well, rather than commenting on Maura's earlier post, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just say it - hey Maura, I thought your work outfit was adorable! Especially because it can be really tough to figure out cute outfits to wear to the office. I know at many an office job I had, I wore the same black pants like... every day. So I admire your bringing your vintage style to the office!

I've been thinking about workplace style for myself - I'm teaching for my second semester this fall and I'm hoping to move away from the shirt/cardigan/skinny jean combo I basically wore all semester in the spring, and which led to me being mistaken for a student by at least one cleaning lady who was cleaning my class room when my class was supposed to start. So, we'll see how that goes in the fall! But more about prepping for the fall later.

First I have to talk about what's going on today at the Jenna/Matt household - Matt is having a reading of his new musical Love Trapezoid at the Manhattan Theatre Club. Exciting! Here's Matt getting ready to head out for rehearsal this morning:And here's what I'll be wearing to the reading:
Skirt: Urban Outfitters, Shirt: American Apparel, Shoes: Steve Madden (from DSW)
Necklace: Forever 21, Earrings, Graduation Gift from Matt's parents


Here are the details (especially because I still have not figured out how to take a great/clear picture of my outfits!)




















And for my second bit of reading news, I just wanted to share the book I'm reading right now, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. This is probably the fourth time I've read this book and right now I'm preparing to teach it in one of my courses in the fall. It's a fantastic book, told from the point of view of Kathy, a woman in 1990's England remembering her time growing up in a boarding school. It's the kind of book that totally wraps you up in its world and the way Ishiguro gets into his characters' heads is so close and so real... it kind of makes me feel like there's no hope for the rest of us aspiring writers!
OK, enough of this overly long post! Off to read a bit more before I head out to the reading!
- Jenna

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing it! haha! But I think I will read that book. That is all.

    ReplyDelete