Monday, July 13, 2009

Postcard Wall

Sometime in the last 5 years or so, I became an avid postcard collector. I didn't do it on purpose, it was just that everywhere I went, there were exciting postcards to be had: antique stores, bookstores, rest stops, museums. Add those to the ones people actually sent me, and I developed quite a pile. My boyfriend Robert, with whom I share an apartment, also shares my affinity for postcard art. So what to do with them all? When we moved into our place three years ago, this was our solution:
We've kept it the same way ever since! It's a great way to fill a blank wall, and we didn't have to choose a select few to display. It reminds me of the cool photomosaic on the cover of Talking Heads' More Songs About Buildings and Food, except, you know, not as cool. -Maura



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I may have to steal the idea!
    -O.G.
    ps- thanks for the follow! I hope you will continue to read Orchid Grey!

    ReplyDelete