Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Movin' Right Along

Last night Matt and I went to the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) to see a special screening of The Muppet Movie. It was so fun to see it on the big screen! I just love the Muppets. Plus it was great to see the movie with a whole audience laughing and cheering along.I also remembered right at the end of the movie that at my 8th or 9th birthday sleepover party we totally rented The Muppet Movie. So many good memories!

Before the movie we got dinner in the neighborhood (Fort Greene) at this lovely little Mediterranean sort of place. The best part of the dinner was that they gave us complimentary baklava and yogurt for dessert. Sweet!

Here's my outfit for the evening. It gave me an excuse to wear my new turquoise vintage skirt that I found at a thrift shop in Astoria last week. It fits quite well and I also love that it came with its original belt - somehow that felt like a rare occurrence to me. Plus I can use the belt with other outfits, like I did on Sunday!The shirt is from Urban Outfitters a few years ago.
And the skirt
Here's BAM! Overall it was a great night, though the movie started at 9:15 and we got out around 11:30 and I realized I'm totally an old person - I was so tired! Haha oh well... it was still worth it to drag my old bones out to the movies!

- Jenna

2 comments:

  1. Ah the Muppet Movie! Love it! Your skirt is fabulous.....great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I was really excited about both the skirt and the Muppets!

    ReplyDelete