Friday, July 17, 2009

Dolls and Dress Up

I have to start out with a bit of fashiony kind of excitement - Clinton Kelly from What Not to Wear was in the audience of Matt's reading yesterday! So random! I sat two seats away from him and he seemed to be enjoying himself. Also, he apparently asked the woman from the production company putting on the reading what he should wear and if shorts were OK. I thought he would ask what NOT to wear and give a list of options like... just my underwear, a velvet robe, etc. etc...

Anyway, today Matt and I are supposed to go to the American Girl doll store to get a gift for his niece, Talia who is turning 9 today. Matt's parents bought her the new American Girl doll, who is the first Jewish historical doll they've had. I think, per Matt's mom's suggestion, we're getting her Rebecca's accessories. I have to admit, I'm a little bit excited to go to the store. I was totally into American Girl dolls when I was Talia's age. I had Molly. Oh, memories...

In the spirit of dolls and dress up and all that I decided to post two pics of outfits I've tried on recently, not really sure where/when I would wear them. And, since I mentioned yesterday that I wasn't really happy with the outfits pics I had taken for the blog so far, these were two pictures that I actually kind of liked how they turned out!























The one on the left sort of makes me think of Peter Pan, for some reason... the top is thrifted and the cropped stretchy jeans are from Forever 21. My friend Kevin said the pic on the right should be the cover of my first novel. I suppose I would have to crop out the piles of laundry on either side of my dresser first. Whoops! The top is from H&M (I wore it on my Jackson Heights adventure the other day) and the skirt is thrifted.

- Jenna

2 comments:

  1. this post totally made me visit the American Girl website, I had Felicity when I was a kid. They have one from the 1970's now named Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know! They have so much new stuff now. I felt like a weirdo, but I totally dragged my boyfriend around the store looking at the dolls... and even had him take a pic of me in front of the Molly display! But hey, I saw another 20-something girl doing it too, so obviously I was not the only one reliving her childhood.

    ReplyDelete