Friday, July 17, 2009

Casual Friday

So here's the outfit I chose to wear for casual Friday at work:
Top: Express, $15, Jeans: Express, $80, Shoes: Steve Madden, $20

First of all, I have to sing the praises of Express jeans. Because I'm not the type to spend over $80 on jeans, I find Express works well. I love these in particular because they're fairly high-waisted and actually are the right length for me, which I rarely find at 5'2". I love black and white stripes of any kind, so the top was a no-brainer. I'm also wearing a headband From H & M and earrings handed down from my great aunt Madeleine, who was a total fashion plate.

Now the weekend is here, so it's time to break out the short skirts and unprofessional combos! I recently purchased Mad Men season one and am watching it through a second time, which has caused my love of '60s fashion to reach new heights. Lately I've been enjoying the odd greyhound while watching, because who can watch Mad Men and not want a cocktail? It's the simplest drink ever:


2 oz. vodka
5 oz. grapefruit juice
Pour over ice, and stir:


Easy, pink, and boozy! The recipe recommends a highball glass, but I just love drinking out of these '50s-era argyle glasses I bought at an antique store.


-Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment